Autor Wątek: Jedy vs Jankiel  (Przeczytany 2220 razy)

0 użytkowników i 1 Gość przegląda ten wątek.

JJ

• Gość
Jedy vs Jankiel
« dnia: Maj 26, 2006, 10:07:59 pm »
I haven't lost a game to Delves, while playing Dark Elves myself. Until I played Jankiel, that is. Two games with equally matched armies resulted in my heavy defeats. (3-17 and 2-18) In each game my forces were gradually more and more disorganized, while his - more and more coordinated. So upon learning he was coming to the final tourney of the WFB season, a WPS comped 2300 two-day in Warsaw, I challenged him to a duel with a borrowed High Elves army.

The opponents...

As always I was confident of winning. I mean - just look at his picture... Who wouldn't?

Well... perhaps anyone who has seen my picture....

The armies...
Secret rosters, but the banner pretty obvious.

2300 DE

Highborn, GW, HA, SDC, Shield
Noble GW, horse, HA, SDC, Shield
BSB, HA, SDC
3x 17 warriors FCG
2x 10 crossbows, shields
2x 5 DR rxb
5 DR Standard
20 Executioners  FCG banner of murder
2 Chariots
10 Witch Elves
5 harpies  
2 RBT

This got him 79\80 Comp points

2300 HE

Prince, pure, GW, Armour of the Gods, Vambraces
BSB on horse, Lion Guard

6 SH FCG - Ellyrion
2x10 archers
2x19 Spear FCG
16 Swordmasters  FCG
16 White Lions, Lion Standard
5 Shadow
2 Chariots
2 RBT
Eagle.

Only 69 out of 80 comp points.
Photos courtesy of Swingu.
Comments mine only, as Jankiel says he never knows what he is doing anyway... Who am I to dispute his words?

Memory fails me after four weeks.  

Since we were dealt out some stupid scenario cards, I asked Jankiel;
"Are we playing with those cards? I don't mind - you choose"
"I don't need scenario cards to beat you"
- came the typical DE reply... Which I interpreted to mean - we're not playing with cards, and showed them aside...
Mark this dialogue down...

Oh well, time to deploy...

After losing the roll (got the prince as general though) and Jankiel choosing to start I had a first tough decision to make. I chose the side with the hill - not so much to put RBT on it - but to force DE to crowd in a deployment zone full of woods, obelisks, walls and other terrain, hoping to make their coordination difficult.
Another decision was to refuse a flank - 10 archers and an Eagle were dispatched to fight a rearguard action on the right half the table, which they did for three rounds. I didn't want to engage in maneuvering against 15 DR and a force superior in numbers to mine.
Frightened by his Executors  (with suspected Banner of Murder) I immediately put my White Lions against them, which put my General slightly out of action. They should have been in front of the house.

He put his general on the left, where his LD, coupled with the BSB re-rolls proved crucial.

General peppering - When not otherwise noted my  shooting was directed at his DR and upper crossbows, his - general peppering of WL and SM...

I

He set up some traps in the center, surged on the right, blocked the left flank. Largely ineffective shooting brought one of my chariots down to the last wound.
I set up my chariots for the suicide charge on his general's unit - he would have to pursue and....

II

That the chariot on the last wound got killed, was to be expected...
The repeater crossbows inflicted 6 wounds on the other chariot, I saved 2... Statistics...
5 DR with rxb killed of the crew of a RBT... Shooting sideways, well protected by the house.
Prepared for his charges, set up mine.

III

My left flank was holding as well as could be expected... :wink:

In the center 5 DR somehow not slowed by my Shadow Warriors :roll:  jumped to shoot down the other RBT... But thankfully failed this time...
The rest of his army advanced carefully.

Charge!

Stubborn SH with BSB together with the Spear Unit charged the Warriors unit near the edge of the table. The General's unit was drawn into combat as expected, But my other Spear unit started angling up on its side.
WL protected the hill from DR, SM taunted a chariot...
The DR got wiped out by RBT and Shadow Warriors, The DE regiments held easily on LD 10, without recourse to re-rolls.  

IV

Photo 6

I refused him permission to cross chariot charges on my SM, but agreed for him to declare only one, and not fail the other.
He rolled 1 impact hit, was broken and caught, leaving the Executors at my mercy....
His General's unit broke my spear and run it down...
Look at photo 6... :oops:
I was so fascinated by the threat of a WE charge to the SIDE of my Trapping Spear unit, that by some ..... attack of.... I ended up by angling it in such a way, that after the compulsory pursuit, his general's unit was out of LOS :oops:  .... I Swear it was at first...

My army stopped pretending it had a right flank...

The decider

I charged his Executors with my Swordmasters...
And to my surprise he held...
And started to look at his scenario cards...
Hey - I shouted - we were supposed to play without this poop... So you said...
- Nope... I just said I don't need scenarios to beat you...

Unnerved I had to make a crucial decision...

Photo 3

Assuming that by some miracle the Execs would hold, the only way to Save my SM from a flank charge of the Warriors would be to put my WL in between them. I did just that.
Then I started counting.
3 Ranks, side, outnumber were not a problem (Stubborn). The problem was that with a chariot charge, 3 harpies, 3 DR and a GW Noble, were very likely indeed to see off the 11 WL permanently...

The SM are going to break the Execs, I decided not to sacrifice the general... And took back the WL ... Swingu took a photo at this precise moment...

The SM killed 5 Execs...
One return kill  (I charged like a gentleman I am... ) and outnumber later I won by 3....

Jankiel took out his first card...
"My unit can use the General's LD even if not in range..."
I gritted my teeth...
He rolled a 10....
I smiled in tiumph...
Jankiel took out a second card...
"My unit can use the BSB re-roll even if not in range..."
A six was enough...

That's what scenarios do to a game...
OK., he would have fled without those silly cards... :roll:

Turns 5 and six were hectic affairs with referees telling us to hurry up...
My army retreated in a disorganized way, I didn't catch his general's unit... Killed the BSB (no proximity), didn't kill the general (no proximity, but a lot of 1 to wound...)
We didn't finish turn six...
I lost heavily 16-4.
As always..
Of course Jankiel didn't know what he was doing, but he still did it better than me ...
As always...

But how? HOW?
:cry:  

Tell me...

Offline High Elf

Jedy vs Jankiel
« Odpowiedź #1 dnia: Maj 27, 2006, 08:51:25 am »
Świetne komentarze, foty battle report niczym z WD :D coś jak ten bless vs. swingu (choć tamten bardziej poważny i profesjonalny, bo od tego bije dużo... emocji).
Gratuluję ;)
ziałam w imieniu Zakonu Rycerskiego Świętego Jana Chrzciciela Szpitala Jerozolimskiego. Nie polecam wchodzić mi w drogę ;)

Offline Lunn

Jedy vs Jankiel
« Odpowiedź #2 dnia: Maj 27, 2006, 09:04:41 am »
wszystko fajnie, ale czemu to jest po angielsku? nie żebym miał jakieś trudności z czytaniem i rozumieniem w tym języku, ale zwyczajnie mnie zastanawia dalczego na polskim forum jest angielski opis bitwy :).

JJ

• Gość
Jedy vs Jankiel
« Odpowiedź #3 dnia: Maj 27, 2006, 09:27:52 am »
Cytat: "High Elf"
Świetne komentarze, foty battle report niczym z WD :D coś jak ten bless vs. swingu (choć tamten bardziej poważny i profesjonalny, bo od tego bije dużo... emocji).
Gratuluję ;)

Dzięki... :D

Jankiel mnie się zapytał wieczorem co z tym bat-rep....
Podobno uczył sie parę dni bez przerwy i chciał się pośmiać...
No to się postarałem... :p
Emocje...
HE vs DE.... Jakie mogą być? I tak się powstrzymywałem...
Odwieczna ma nienawiść i zawiść wobec Jankiela i tak musiały znależć ujście i tak....
(A tym roku będę grał Skavenami...
Jankiel wie o co mi chodzi.... :p )

Dlaczego po angielsku?
Battlowy język międzynarodowy.
I nie chciało mi się tłumaczyć na polski.

Offline Zox

Jedy vs Jankiel
« Odpowiedź #4 dnia: Maj 27, 2006, 12:09:41 pm »
Prawda: co scenariusze mogą zrobić z grą  :badgrin:  Ale tak sie nie robi... :roll:

Co do samego battle reportu: ten Swinga był taki że jak wtedy napisałem "podczas czytania czułem się jakbym oglądał tą bitwe". Tutaj tego niebyło, troche zbyt chaosu. Ale bitwa bardzo fajna  :badgrin:
quote="Bartez"]był bardzo wulgarny, pisał w podpisie moje zdanie "A ja mam na vavku Mangekyou Sharingana" który miał Itachi"; pawłow także powinien dostac choćby ostrzeżenie za tego "penisa" na avku[/quote]

Offline Swingu

Jedy vs Jankiel
« Odpowiedź #5 dnia: Maj 27, 2006, 06:37:15 pm »
Tutaj Swingu tylko zdjęcia robił  :lol:
 know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant.

Jankiel

• Gość
Jedy vs Jankiel
« Odpowiedź #6 dnia: Maj 28, 2006, 09:46:17 am »
Odpór tym oszczerstwom dam niebawem :)
Jackowa wizja tej bitwy znacznie odbiegała od rzeczywistości. Geniusz taktyczny i żelazna dycyplina zapewniły mojej armii zasłużone zwycięstwo. Jedyne, co JJ uratowało, to zasłonięcie się końcem czasu ;)
A poza tym, bitwa bardzo przyjemna, jak wszystkie z JJ. Tylko, ze na takie bitwy potrzeba jakichś 4-5 godzin. Trzeba pogadać, wyjść na papierosa, pójść do sklepu, cofnąć wszystkie ruchy po dwa razy i rzucać kostki z kubka pojedyńczo. A na turniejach nie ma na to czasu :/

JJ

• Gość
Jedy vs Jankiel
« Odpowiedź #7 dnia: Maj 28, 2006, 09:55:38 am »
Mam nadzieję, że propagandowe ulotki bolszewików, opiewające triumf Kon-Armii pod Warszawką ukażą się jak najszybciej.... :p

Jedno słowo prawdy w tym zalewie kłamstwa może sie znajdzie - Bitwy z Trockim to jedne z najprzyjemniejszych bitew. :D

Offline karlee

Jedy vs Jankiel
« Odpowiedź #8 dnia: Czerwiec 05, 2006, 11:21:13 am »
No nie wiem, mi tam by sie nie podobalo takie zagranie z kartami...
EACE, LOVE AND WFB

Offline Shakin' Dudi

Jedy vs Jankiel
« Odpowiedź #9 dnia: Czerwiec 05, 2006, 11:53:15 am »
wszystkie piękne i wspaniale . Tylko jak piszesz po angielksu JJ to prosze staraj sie nie uzywac skrótów typu WE bo nie zawsze zaczajić można...[/img]
)

anything